The Sony LMD2041W B-Stock 20" Wide-Screen High-Grade Broadcast LCD Monitor is a high-definition 1600 x 900 display that offers critical functions that broadcasters and other video professionals need, such as blue-only display for calibration, one-to-one pixel display, in-monitor tally, LTC or VITC time code display, and Ethernet-based remote control. The 20" LCD monitor features dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs, composite input, and outputs of both those types, enabling it to display and pass along formats as demanding as 1080/24PsF and 1080p60.
The LMD2041W is a perfect size to mount on the face of an equipment rack via the included brackets. The monitor can also be mounted on a wall or set up on a desk using the included stand. With a thin, sturdy aluminum bezel, the LMD2041W integrates well into a multi-monitor wall.
Supporting this last option is the Sony's ChromaTRU color-matching technology, which ensures display consistency across a multiple-screen setup. The LCD panel reproduces lifelike images and stunning colors and offers a wide viewing angle of 179° in all four directions.
- Superb Picture Performance and Color Consistency
- The 20", HD-resolution (1600 x 900 pixels), high-performance LCD panel reproduces lifelike precise images and accurate color. Sony's unique ChromaTRU color-matching technology and 10-bit signal processing deliver a stunning smooth grayscale, emulating the colors and gammas of broadcast-standard CRT monitors. Users can select the required color space within this gamut. In addition, ChromaTRU technology provides these monitors with color consistency essential for a multi-monitor system, and offers the best solution for a monitor-wall installation
- Extremely Wide Viewing Angle
- IPS panel technology ensures the LMD2041W offers exceptional horizontal and vertical viewing angles – ideal for group viewing
- Compact Design for Monitor-Wall Installation
- The LMD2041W has a compact body with a lightweight, robust aluminum slim bezel – making it an ideal choice for monitor-wall installation, both in studio sub-control rooms and OB vans.
- Desktop Editing and Office Viewing
- The LMD2041W can be used as a desktop monitor both for editing and office viewing with an optional SU561 monitor stand
- Built-In Input Versatility
- The LMD2041W has built-in standard input interfaces: two SDI (3G/HD/SD-SDI), one HDMI, and one analog composite input
- Easy-to-Use Control Panel
- A rotary-type switch and seven function-assignable buttons allow users speedy and intuitive operation, even in dark environments, thanks to LED indicators (which can be switched on/off)
- Waveform Monitor, Audio Level Meter, and Time Code Display
- The input signal's waveform, with a 2-channel audio level meter, can be displayed on screen. When an SDI interface is connected, the embedded audio level can be displayed on screen with an 8-channel audio level meter. A time code superimposed on SDI signals can be displayed on screen. Users can select either LTC or VITC. (The audio level meter function works only when receiving SDI-embedded audio signals)
- Auto White Balance Calibration
- Auto white balance calibration provides simple adjustment of white balance in combination with a PC and the commercially available calibration tool (X-Rite i1Pro series – sold separately)
- Normal Scan and Over Scan
- Scan size can be selected from normal scan (0%), over scan (5%), and native scan modes (pixel-for-pixel). The aspect ratio can be switched between 16:9 and 4:3 according to the input signal
- External Remote Control
- The LMD-2041W has an external remote control capability for input/output signal selection and adjustment of various items via Ethernet (10BaseT/100BaseTX) connection). Up to 32 monitors and up to four control units can be connected via Ethernet and controlled remotely