Compact in size, light in weight - yet producing stunning image quality - Panasonic's VariCam LT yields outstanding results. With advanced grading tools, in-camera dailies and proxy recording capabilities that are built into the VariCam LT you'll also experience an improvement in streamlining your workflow.
The VariCam LT (SKU: AU-V35LT1G) has a compact and lightweight six-pound magnesium body and offers the same picture quality specifications as the larger VariCam 35 cinema camera. You'll be able to capture true 4K footage, making it ideal for handheld, Steadicam, jib, crane, gimbal, and drone shooting applications, as well as cinéma vérité-style filmmaking. The VariCam LT offers a host of features, including an EF lens mount, hot-swappable batteries, IR shooting capability, a 23.98 PsF output, cinema-style file naming, and scene files.
Other highlights of the VariCam LT include a workflow that is very similar to that of the VariCam 35 - so you'll have a dual codec recording function that allows the user to record a primary or “main” codec as well as a smaller proxy file. In addition, you'll have access to an in-camera color grading function and support for AVC-Intra 4K and Apple ProRes*2 codecs. The super 35mm image sensor, which is the same imager as VariCam 35, features a wide dynamic range, an expansive color gamut, and high sensitivity for 4K image acquisition. It has dual native ISO settings of 800 and 5000. The native 5000 ISO allows for clean shooting in very low light situations. Its size and design facilitate a wide array of shooting styles.
Another attractive feature of the VariCam LT is the EF lens*1 mount which offers a wide array of lens choices. The EF mount*1 can be removed by an end user and replaced with a PL mount (optional). This allows for even greater versatility in lens selection when shooting with the VariCam LT.
*1: Panasonic does not guarantee the compatibility or performance of all EF lenses.
*2: ProRes is licensed from Apple Inc. Apple ProRes codec is from Atomos under license.
The use of DCF Technologies is under license from Multi-Format, Inc.Panasonic VariCam LT Features:
- Features a compact and lightweight magnesium body, weighing only 5.9lb (2.7kg)
- Super 35mm MOS sensor that provides true 4K images with 14+ stops of latitude for HDR content
- Dual-native ISO 800/5000 ISO feature that achieves higher sensitivity without increasing noise
- Expansive color gamut, V-Gamut, has a wider color gamut than that of film and exceeds BT2020 color space required for HDR content delivery
- Standard EF mount offers a wide array of lens choice, but can be removed by end-user and replaced with an optional PL mount
Panasonic VariCam LT Specifications:
- SKU: AU-V35LT1G
- Power: DC 12 V (11.0 V - 17.0 V)
- Power consumption:
- 47 W, with body only
- 77 W, with all optional accessories connected and maximum power supplied from each output terminal
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating humidity: 10% to 85% (relative humidity)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Approx. 6.0 lb (2.7 kg), excluding handle and accessories
- Approx. 6.6 lb (3.0kg), including handle, excluding accessories
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 7-1/4 inches x 9-3/32 inches x 9-3/4 inches (184.0 mm x 230.5 mm x 247.0 mm)
- Body only, excluding protrusion and accessories
- NOTE: Ensure that the total current taken from the DC OUT terminal, LENS/GRIP terminal, DC OUT/RS terminal and USB HOST terminal does not exceed 30 W.
- Camera Unit:
- Pickup Devices: Super 35 mm, MOS sensor
- Number of Pixels:
- Total pixels: Approx.10.3 million pixels
- Effective pixels: Approx. 8.9 million pixels
- Lens Mount: EF mount
- Optical Filter:
- ND filter:
- 1: CLEAR, 2: 0.6 ND, 3: 1.2 ND, 4: 1.8 ND
- Gain setting:
- Native ISO: 800, 5000
- 800 Base: 200 to 4000
- 5000 Base: 1250 to 12800
- [ISO] mode: ISO200 to ISO12800
- [dB] mode: -12 dB to 14 dB (2 dB step)
- Shutter Speed:
- [deg] mode: 1.0 deg to 358 deg (0.1 deg step)
- [sec] mode: 1/24 sec. to 1/250 sec. (for 24p)
- [GAIN MODE]=[NORMAL], [GAMMA]=[VIDEO45]
- F7 (2000 lx, 3200k, 89.9% reflection, 1080/59.94p)
- F8 (2000 lx, 3200k, 89.9% reflection, 1080/50p)
- Memory Card Recorder:
- Recording Media:
- Main slot x 1: expressP2 card, P2 card
- Sub slot x 1: SD memory card
- Recording Resolution:
- 4096 x 2160 (4K), 3840 x 2160 (UHD)
- 2048 x 1080 (2K), 1920 x 1080 (HD)
- Recording Frame Rate:
- 4K/UHD: Maximum 60fps or 50 fps
- 2K/HD: Maximum 240fps or 200 fps
- System frequency: 59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 24p,23.98p,59.94i, 50i
- Recording Format (Main Recorder): AVC-Intra4K422, AVC-Intra4K-LT, AVC-Intra2K444, AVC-Intra2K422, AVC-Intra2K-LT, AVC-Intra444, AVC-Intra422,AVC-Intra-LT, AVC-Intra 100, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444
- Recording Format (Sub Recorder): AVC-LongG6 Recording
- Video Signal:
- 4096 x 2160/59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p
- 3840 x 2160/59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p
- 2048 x 1080/59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p
- 1920 x 1080/59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 59.94i, 50i
- Recording Time*1 (Main Codec):
- When using expressP2 card 512 GB and when [FREQUENCY]= [23.98p]:
- AVC-Intra4K422, 23.98 fps: Approx. 180 min.
- AVC-Intra4K422, VFR ON, 30 fps: Approx. 146 min.
- AVC-Intra4K-LT, VFR ON, 60 fps: Approx. 128 min.
- AVC-Intra422, VFR ON, 60 fps: Approx. 260 min.
- ProRes 422 HQ VFR ON, 60fps: Approx. 134 min.
- Recording Time*1 (Sub Codec):
- AVC-LongG6: Approx. 655 min.
- Digital Video:
- AVC-Intra2K444, AVC-Intra444: 12 bit
- Others: 10 bit
- Video Compression Format:
- AVC-Intra4K422, AVC-Intra4K-LT, AVC-Intra2K444, AVC-Intra2K422, AVC-Intra2K-LT, AVC-Intra444, AVC-Intra422
- AVC-Intra-LT, AVC-Intra100:
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Intra Profile
- ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444:
- Apple ProRes*2
- Digital Audio:
- Recording audio signal: 48 kHz/24 bit, 4 ch
- Headroom: 18 dB/20 dB switchable menu
- AVC Proxy:
- File Format: MOV
- Video Compression Format (AVC Proxy): MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Intra Profile
- Audio Compression Format: AAC
- Recording Time *3:
- Approx. 655 min.
- When using a 64 GB SDXC memory card
- SDI Out1/SDI Out2: HD (1.5 G)/3G-SDI, 0.8 V[p-p], 75 O
- VF SDI: HD (1.5 G)/3G-SDI, 0.8 V[p-p], 75 O
- Audio Input/Output:
- Input 1/2: XLR x 1, 5-pin
- Input 3/Input 4: XLR x 2, 3-pin, Supports menu switching to select LINE/MIC or enable/disable the power supply of the microphone.
- Phones: Stereo mini jack
- Speaker: 20 mm diameter, round x 1
- For additional information, consult the documentation tab above.
*1: Figures are for continuous recording as one clips. Depending on the number or clips, the overall recording time may be shorter than the above.
*2: ProRes is licensed from Apple Inc. Apple ProRes codec is under license from Atomos. Atomos is a trademark and copyright of Atomos Global Pty. Ltd.
*3: Reference value for continuous recording. The recording the may differ depending on the scene or the number of clips.
This is where your TEXT BOX 1 goes
This is where your TEXT BOX 2 goes